BeTactiCal by 3 Anchors Inc (“BeTactiCal”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals:
- who visit BeTactiCal’s website found at www.betactical.biz and who use the services found at www.my.betactical.biz (“the Site”),
- who use BeTactiCal’s mobile platforms, and
- who use BeTactiCal’s services.
This policy covers the treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) gathered by BeTactiCal when users are using or accessing the site. BeTactiCal is committed to collecting, using and disclosing Personal Information provided to us in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial privacy laws in Canada (“Privacy Legislation”).
1. What is Personal Information?
Federal privacy legislation, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), applies to “personal information” about an “identifiable individual” but does not include name, title, business address, and business phone number used for business purposes.
2. Personal Information Collected Through Website
A visitor to the Site does not automatically provide BeTactiCal with Personal Information. However, the BeTactiCal web server may collect and retain certain information related to a computer’s visit to the Site such as the IP address and domain used to access the Site, the type and version of the browser used to access the Site, the date and time of the visit, the page that the Site was entered and exited by; and, the address of any referrer website if the visiting computer was referred to the Site by a search engine or other website. BeTactiCal automatically collects and receives information from your computer or mobile device, including type of hardware, information obtained by cookies, and traffic data to better understand user needs, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, better understand and market to our customers and improve the features we offer.
BeTactiCal also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services and Website pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our Services.
The Site uses Google Analytics™ to record the IP addresses of computers that connect to the Site. Google Analytics™ uses these addresses to generate geographically related statistics which assist BeTactiCal with the administration of the Site. BeTactiCal does not attempt to link the IP addresses of the computers that have visited the Site with the identities of individuals.
More information regarding Google Analytics™ can be found at https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
The Site also uses “cookies” which are small data files transferred to a user’s hard drive by the web browser when a user visits the Site. A transferred cookie can only be read by the Site when a user returns to the Site. Cookies are used to identify users and track their preferences so that a user’s experience with the Site may be customized accordingly. If a user does not want to have a cookie placed upon their hard drive by the Site most web browsers allow users to change this preference to disallow cookies; however, note that this could change the functionality of the Site.
Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity or any activity in violation of the Terms.
3. Linking to Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to visitors to the Site and not as an endorsement by BeTactiCal of the contents of such third-party sites. BeTactiCal disclaims all responsibility for the privacy practices, policies, or other privacy related matters associated with the third–party websites to which the Site is linked.
BeTactiCal recommends that visitors who link to third-party websites through the Site thoroughly review the privacy policies of those third-party websites prior to providing personal information.
4. When Does BeTactiCal Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information?
BeTactiCal collects Personal Information submitted by visitors to the Site through the “contact” portion of the Site.
This Personal Information is used by BeTactiCal to establish or manage its relationship with visitors to the Site, to respond to the queries of visitors and to facilitate receipt of BeTactiCal information and services. BeTactiCal restricts the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the identified purposes.
Registration and Logged In Users
When you first register for an account with BeTactiCal, including as part of the Beta trial, we collect some personal information about you such as:
- your name, username, and email address,
- your password, in connection with your account and your log-in facility,
- the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices,
- a unique BeTactiCal user ID (an alphanumeric string) which is assigned to you upon registration, and
- other optional information as part of your account profile.
When creating a paid account, we collect your credit card or PayPal information, billing address and other information as may be required to complete a commercial transaction on our site.
As a registered user of BeTactiCal we may collect the following:
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as feedback concerning our services, and
- information you upload and make public regarding potential communication opportunities.
BeTactiCal uses the collected information for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you log in to your account,
- to enable us to provide services to you,
- to verify transactions you make and for billing, security, and for authentication,
- to analyze the Website, or the other Services and information about our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and services,
- to contact you about your account and provide support,
- to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about our users to prospective partners, and
- to keep you informed of information about our services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes.
5. Providing Consent
By providing Personal Information to BeTactiCal through the Contact link on the website, or by signing up for an account, your consent to BeTactiCal using that Personal Information for the identified purposes is implied by Privacy Legislation.
When We May Share Personal Information
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
- where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with BeTactiCal;